ONLY IN VIENNA
A Guide to Unique Locations, Hidden Corners and Unusual Objects
Uncover the secrets of the Danube metropolis with the bestselling guidebook popular with visitors and locals alike!
"A very special book. A Rosetta Stone for tourists - and for the Viennese an explorer's guide to places we thought we already knew." (The Vienna Review)
• A comprehensive illustrated guide to more than 80 fascinating and unusual historical sights in one of Europe's great capital cities
• Hidden courtyards, mysterious cellars, little-known museums and forgotten cemeteries
• From the Romans and Napoleon to Hitler and the Habsburgs
• The Holy Lance, Fool's Tower, Klimt's Last Studio, and the knights of Blood Street
• James Bond, Montezuma, Harry Lime, and the secret of dreams
• The ideal city guide for travellers who want to escape the crowds and go beyond the well-known paths, as well as for those inhabitants who perhaps thought they already knew their city
Author: Duncan JD Smith Publisher: The Urban Explorer
ISBN-13: 978-3-9503662-6-6 Edition: 4 (2015)
Specifications: Paperback, 256 pages, 200 colour photos & two fold-out maps, 13.5 x 21cm
Price: £16.95, EURO 22, US$ 22.95, CDN$ 29.95
THE STONES OF VIENNA:
For visitors and expatriates, and even some natives, Vienna remains a city dominated by classical music, coffee houses, and the Habsburg court. But scratch away the surface and a hidden world reveals itself. Join Duncan on his quest to uncover the secret and often unsung corners of the Danube metropolis in this series of articles.