ONLY IN COLOGNE
Sometimes overlooked by visitors, historic Cologne is a city waiting to be explored. Uncover Roman ruins, religious relics, and all things Romanesque.
"Your really wonderful book." (Dr. Klaus Hardering, Cologne Cathedral)
• A comprehensive illustrated guide to more than 80 fascinating and unusual historical sights in Germany's most historic city
• Religious relics, forgotten fortresses, unexpected sanctuaries, abandoned cemeteries, and little-known museums
• From Colonia Agrippinensis and the French occupation to the Kingdom of Prussia and the Third Reich
• Napoleon's cemetery, a road beneath the Rhine, the city lighthouse, and where the Red Baron learned to fly
• The bones of Saint Ursula, the inventor Konrad Adenauer, bad boy Martin Kippenberger, and the legend of Bishop Maternus
• Recommended for visitors to Cologne wishing to discover something a little different, as well as for inhabitants who perhaps thought they already knew the city.
Read: "Only in Cologne" reviews, Cologne's Subterranean Chandelier, Cologne Calling, Check Out The Sewers
View: "Only in Cologne" photo gallery
Buy: "Only in Cologne" greetings cards and prints