ONLY IN PARIS
A Guide to Unique Locations, Hidden Corners and Unusual Objects
The author's offbeat explorations reveal a multitude of unusual locations in the 'City of Light'. Escape the crowds and experience the wonder of Paris.
"Ninety eight curiosities that have helped shape the texture of Paris both past and present. Each sight is the touchstone for a story. This is a delightful way to be led around a city. A great read and a handsome tribute to one of Europe’s loveliest cities." (www.eurocheapo.com)
• The story of Paris told through an original and eclectic mix of unusual historic locations
• Roman ruins, underground worlds, eccentric museums, unusual shops, hidden communities, and unusual places of worship
• Author research uncovers exciting new stories: Who was the real Hunchback of Notre-Dame? Is there really a lake hidden beneath the Opera? Where is the best bistro in Paris?
• The Pagoda cinema, the Museum of Magic, Foucault's pendulum, and a subterranean necropolis
• New light thrown on old favourites, including La Tour Eiffel and the Arc de Triomphe
• The ideal city guide for travellers who want to escape the crowds and go beyond the well-known paths, as well as for those inhabitants who perhaps thought they already knew their city
Author: Duncan JD Smith Publisher: The Urban Explorer
ISBN: 978-3-9503662-9-7 Edition: 2 (2016)
Specification: Paperback, 240 pages, 200 colour photos & two fold-out maps, 13.5 x 21cm
Price: £16.95, EURO 22, US$ 22.95, CDN$ 29.95
PARIS REVIEWS AND ARTICLES: