THE 'ONLY IN' GUIDES
For independent cultural travellers who want to escape the crowds – and for locals who perhaps thought they already knew their city.
ABOUT THE SERIES
"In a world where places become ever more similar, it is an absolute joy to stumble on the 'Only In' Guides. The author brings to the series the gaze of the enquiring outsider. A refreshing alternative to the prevailing tide of uniformity favoured by too many travel guides." (Hidden Europe magazine)
• 11 cities available: Berlin, Budapest, Cologne, Edinburgh, Hamburg, London, Munich, Paris, Prague, Vienna, Zurich
• Iconic structures, secret gardens, eccentric museums, industrial relics, idiosyncratic shops, colourful characters and unusual places of worship
• Written by Duncan JD Smith and published by The Urban Explorer, with over 120,000 copies in print
• Paperback, 232-252 pages, approximately 200 colour photos, two fold-out maps, 13.5 x 21cm, individually shrink-wrapped
• £16.95, EURO 22, US$ 22.95, CDN$ 29.95
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
"One has the sense of a man who has conducted impeccable research but still contrives to arrive with an open mind. That’s a rare touch." (Hidden Europe magazine)
The Urban Explorer Duncan JD Smith is a travel writer, historian, photographer and publisher. In his groundbreaking ‘Only In’ Guides he reveals European cities from unusual and hidden perspectives. He has travelled across four continents and described his experiences in books, magazines, and online. Born in Sheffield, England in 1960, he studied ancient history and archaeology at university. He is a Fellow of the Royal Geographical Society.
UK & IRELAND (INDIVIDUAL SALES):
UK & IRELAND (TRADE DISTRIBUTION & WHOLESALE):
MAINLAND EUROPE (INDIVIDUAL SALES):
MAINLAND EUROPE (TRADE DISTRIBUTION):
US, CANADA & ASIA (INDIVIDUAL SALES):
US & CANADA (TRADE DISTRIBUTION):
NOTE: Preferential rates are available for corporate customers buying in quantity. Details on request.